Graham has a strong track record in working with people from across an organisation to design, lead and deliver business change. He combines a pragmatic approach with a clear focus on outcomes, alongside highly effective team-work, problem-solving, facilitation and communication skills.
"We found Graham far more insightful than most other consultants .... in a word, Graham's support has been invaluable."
"...Endlessly positive and upbeat ... he has built excellent relationships with our internal and external partners and has played a huge part in getting [the group] ..... to the point where they genuinely do think and act as a team."
Graham is an experienced management consultant and programme manager. He operates at all levels from strategy development to tactical delivery, and works with stakeholders to ensure expectations are managed and met.
During his time at WCL Graham has focused on working with central government, government agencies and non-departmental public bodies (NDPBs). He has provided challenge, design and delivery support to major organisation change and delivery programmes brought about by relocation, strategy and remit changes and performance-improvement requirements.
He has worked in central-government departments and government agencies, and across sectors including utilities, engineering, financial services, and pensions consulting and administration.
Graham uses organisation design and development principles to support senior leaders in reshaping organisations to meet changing demands. He also has extensive knowledge of models and assessment tools to help senior leaders identify and build leadership requirements and capabilities.
He has also:
- conducted programme health checks and process reviews
- implemented process improvements and organisational change
- designed and implemented resource planning processes and tools, as well as effective stakeholder management processes
- managed major procurement and contract tendering exercises to drive and enhance process improvements.
Prior to joining WCL, Graham:
- designed a change programme for a leading global pensions and human capital organisation
- managed a programme to deliver significant organisational change in a third-party pensions administration organisation
- led a change programme to improve efficiencies and raise capabilities in a global quality and risk-management organisation
- developed strategic business plans and options for the reorganisation of the UK gas industry from integrated regional businesses into discrete business units.
Graham holds an MBA from Cranfield School of Management and a degree in Mathematics and Physics. He is also a Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) practitioner.